Friday, May 23, 2014

Godzilla Director Gareth Edwards Hired by Disney - Lucasfilm to DirectFirst Star Wars Spinoff Movie, to be Released Dec 16, 2016 !

        

You'll find a new DLP Update below, but here is a big news to start the day! Disney / Lucasfilm are moving quickly toward production on the Star Wars spinoff films by hiring the young - and talented director of Godzilla- Gareth Edwards to direct one of the projects.  “Ever since I saw Star Wars I knew exactly what I wanted to do for the rest of my life – join the Rebel Alliance! I could not be more excited & honored to go on this mission with Lucasfilm,” said Edwards. This first Star Wars spinoff will be released on December 16, 2016, one year after Star Wars Episode 7.



        

Due to secrecy no specific film has named but rumors say that these spinoffs could be either about Han Solo, Yoda or Boba Fett. Gary Whitta who wrote previously “The Book of Eli” is apparently the one writing the script, probably with a little help from Lawrence Kasdan and he said: “From the moment I first saw the original movie as a wide-eyed kid, Star Wars has been the single most profound inspiration to my imagination and to my career as a writer. It is deeply special to me, so to be given the opportunity to contribute to its ongoing legacy, especially in collaboration with a film-maker as talented as Gareth, is literally a dream come true. I’m still pinching myself.”

Now, i've seen Godzilla a few days ago, and not only i recommand it to you as the film is excellent, but this Gareth Edwards is a promising young director! Obviously he learned very well Steven Spielberg classic 1970 - 80's movies but he really did a good job on Godzilla so i think he'll be great to direct a Star Wars spinoff!

Picture: copyright Lucasfilm

No comments: