Monday, January 18, 2010

Universal Studios Jurassic Park ride original artwork



In a few weeks a new version of the Jurassic Park ride will open at Universal Studios Singapore and this time it will be a RAFT ride - instead of the flume ride we know at Universal Studios Hollywood or Islands of Adventure. The original ride was designed by Landmark Entertainment and let's have a look to some of the original artwork.

The artwork above show an overview of the first version of the Jurassic Park ride at Universal Studios Hollywood.

This next one show the first scene of the ride with the Apatosaurus in the water.



And this last one, very spectacular, show the very last scene with the giant T-Rex. You'll note that the T-Rex on the artwork is much bigger than the real one in the attraction!




Thanks to leave a comment or discuss this article on D&M english forum on Mice Chat

All artwork: copyright Universal Studios

4 comments:

ANONYME said...

as usual, artworks look better than the ride...
This ride in California is ugly and looks old...

spajadigit said...

Agreed. I was hoping that they would have improved it in Florida, and they didn't. The thing that gets me is that the track itself is just a doglegged oval. What's up with that? There's no sense of adventure at all.

I hope the one in Singapore is better...

Anonymous said...

Do you have the artwork for the jeep based JP ride? I thought I saw it in a magazine back in the day but I am not quite sure.

Zest said...

You know what I find funny? Now, I know this is just stylized concept art, and this might just be a coincidence, but I think this concept art T-Rex looks a lot like the T-Rex featured in Back to the Future The Ride! It has that similar inaccurate look that dinosaurs had before Jurassic Park came out! Might be a coincidence but I think they look similar
Cheers,Bestia