Friday, April 8, 2016

Shanghaî Disneyland Week-End Update : At Last, The Perfect Aerial Video !



Here we go for the D&M Shanghaî Disneyland week-end update and I've got an awesome aerial video for you, posted by Youtuber D.Ryan Newark. Don't know if he is the one who filmed it but whoever did it we need to thank him or them as we've got at last a perfect aerial "crystal clear" video with accurate colors - although a slightly bit saturated. And this time you'll see areas of the park not visible in others videos, like Adventure Isle. The video would have been a bit slowdown it would have been 100% perfect, but it was obviously filmed in 4K and that's probably why the footage has such a quality.

As you'll see in the video, rides are in test mode, elephants of the Dumbo ride are flying and the rafts of Roaring Rapids go down the rapids! Nuff' said, here is the video!




With a video as good as that no need to say that i did fantastic HD screen captures for you - don't hesitate to click on each to see them in larger size!  All screen caps are in order of the scenes in the video.


































At last, some aerial footage over Adventure Isle and Roaring Rapids! The land behind it that you'll see on the second picture below is the land kept for SDL second park, to be build in ten years or so if everything works well with the first one.







Behind Roaring Rapids, the show buildings for the Tarzan show ( left ) and Soarin' Over the Horizon ( right ).









A closer look at Treasure Cove.



There's something really interesting in this new SDL video and it is - in addition of these stunning views of the park - the areas where there is ...nothing! For instance, on the picture below the land behind Adventure Isle, in the background, is where will be built the second park. But there is something else interesting on this picture, and it is the land which is on the right of Adventure Isle, between Aventure Isle and the lake on the first picture below or on the top of the second picture. There is a huge piece of land there, probably as big as Adventure Isle which mean enough space to build a "medium size land". You'll note that the ground seems even ready for construction. In fact it's a bit more complicated. Until recently dozens of workers houses were there, and now they've removed almost all of them. Meaning that if the land looks cleared it's in fact because the workers houses which were on it are now gone and not necessarily that they've prepared the land for a future park addition coming soon. And it won't be necessarily a new land as i remember a hotel was envisioned to be built there... That said, the day they'll want to build anything on this land, the ground will be ready.




And that's it for this Shanghaî Disneyland week-end update! I'm sure you're joining me to thanks whoever filmed this video for its quality, and i'll meet you next week for a new SDL update!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I know I defend Disney to a fault, but I still don't understand all the negative comments about the SDL castle! I think it's beautiful and certainly the most detailed. Maybe because I'm such a fan of Toad Hall at Disneyland fantasyland? I would have preferred it be a little more stylized like the DLP Castle true, but I guess I keep going back to disneys statement that this is a park authentically disney but distinctly Chinese! I definitely see the eastern influence! Anyone else agree ?

Anonymous said...

The castle is looking like a disaster now to me. It's blocky and poorly proportioned, unelegant, it doesn't look designed by hand, more like on a 3D program, which it was.

Brandon Pizza - I am amazed you say "certainly the most detailed", I would say certainly the opposite! There are large blocks of this castle where nothing is going on. The towers are too thin, the base is just a monster.

Compare it to the brilliance of the Paris castle for instance.

Anonymous said...

I'm getting really excited to see SDL now. It looks amazing. I think what I love the most is that there appears to be lots of little places to explore - little nooks and crannies, much like DLP or TDS. It should be quite beautiful. I quite like the castle - sure it's a bit more substantial than its cousins, but there's a lot more going on inside it. I think the test is how it looks from the ground.

Does anyone know what those stripey buildings are in between Tomorrowland and the castle? The ones that look a bit like circus tents.

I assume that the massive show building behind the raft ride (the one straight ahead as you go up the lift hill) is for the raft ride? If so, that looks like a really impressive ride. Or is that Soarin'?

Alain Littaye said...

Anonymous, apparently you only looked at the video because if you had took the time to see also the screen captures AND read the few lines i've added you'll have the answer to your question.

Anonymous said...

Wow, sorry.

Anonymous said...

The Marvel meet and greet is located in that striped tent.

Unknown said...

Both castles are beautiful in their own ways.

Proportionally wise I see nothing wrong with Enchanted Storybook Castle. It is a very unique design.
I'm sure you'd complain if they copied Paris' castle and ask if they do something original and this castle is.
It incorporates all of the castles unique designs into one piece of quite the engineering feat.

Also my heart still belongs to Sleeping Beauty Castle here in California which simply looks dazzeling with its diamonds.

Unknown said...

I agree Sean!

Xavier said...

" quite the engineering feat" yes it looks like a technical tour-de-force but as far as aesthetics or poetic beauty...

I repeat myself but I salute that they make an original Castle and not a carbon copy. I'm quite doubtfull it works for US/European/Japanese taste but it might be fit for Chinese audience.
And final judgement will be given once seen live in the park from the ground...

As for the plastic diamonds, I could be wrong, but I understand it get a luke warm reception mostly.