Tuesday, July 24, 2018

World of Color Halloween Themed Version Coming Soon at Disney's California Adventure



Actor / Director Bobcat Goldthwait was the Hercules voice actor in Disney's animated film and is among the ones who protest against Disney firing of Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn. He said it loud on Instagram and in the same message leaked the title and concept of an upcoming and not announced yet Disney's World of Color show with a Halloween theme titled "World of Color - Villainous"!

"I love @jamesgunn. He’s a loyal friend, super talented, passionate and kind. I wanted to say something, here it is: Dear @disney, I would hate for you to come off as hypocritical so I’m suggesting that you remove my voice from an attraction that’s coming to your park. It’s called WORLD OF COLOR - VILLAINOUS, and I reprise the role of Pain, a role I played in HERCULES. You see here’s the deal, years ago I made a lot of sarcastically shocking and offensive jokes. Many that I’m embarrassed about now, and I’d hate to make you guys look bad seeing that I’m openly critical of the president and his administration, and you seem to be taking your lead from some of his radical fringe supporters. I think James Woods may have recorded a voice for this new attraction, too. Why not check out some of his whacky past tweets?! They’re a hoot!
For the record I do stand with survivors of sexual abuse and I was wondering if you guys are still making money off of your movie POWDER? Asking for a friend. Thanks, Bobcat""

Bobcat reference to Disney's movie "Powder" is because in 1995, Walt Disney Studios released a film directed by a convicted child sex abuser, Victor Salva. He had molested a 12-year-old actor on the set of his previous film, and was later sentenced to three years in prison. He was released after 15 months. The decision was understandably met with controversy and horror, but the House of Mouse remained staunch – according to officials, they only learned of Salva’s imprisonment after production on the film, entitled Powder, had begun. They kept him on, apparently because there were no young stars cast in the film so they saw no risk in doing so.

As for World of Color it's still down for a few months as they repair some damages which happened on a fountains platform during Pixar Pier construction. It's not supposed to be re-opened for this Halloween season so may be this WOC halloween version won't happen before 2019.

Picture: copyright Disney

No comments: